Friday, November 7, 2008

OCTOBER FINAL UPDATE

A bit late with my final October Update, but those of you who travel with some frequency do know how difficult it is to keep up.

Came back from the Bahamas and had two days to host a political dinner party for a small group of 50+ influential guests. That is my husband getting ready for the evening. I took the photo from the balcony of my bedroom.

Since entertaining is one of my passions, and I have accumulated all manner of serving and table equipment to accommodate 100, this group was a breeze to prepare for. As usual I did all the cooking, and if you ever get invited to a Caribbean household, you will know that in addition to discussing business, food is usual the centerpiece of the evening. Prepared a variety of dishes, and had enough left over to feed another 50.

In order to host the party, I had to cancel my trip to Trinidad where the Caribbean Tourism Conference was being held. This was of course a major disappointment for me not to be able to attend this prestigious event, as I am a member of the Executive Committee and Chairman of the CTO Foundation.

I am delighted that I was again elected to the Board of Directors of the Caribbean Tourism Organization and do want to thank all the Allied Members for their support.

It was then off to Jamaica to attend the Half Moon Resort Ambassador Awards Gala.
,,,jQuery("#html_code").val(code_start + code_middle + code_end)